Fluke (1630-2 Earth & Ground Resistance Tester)
The Fluke 1630-2 (non-FC) Earth Ground Clamp is a hand-held battery-operated clamp that measures the ground resistance of a ground rod without using auxiliary ground rods. The Fluke 1630-2 can be used in multi-grounded systems without disconnecting the ground under test.
The compact and rugged design makes the Fluke 1630-2 easy to use in small places and harsh environments, while the “Display-Hold” and the continuity testing with an audible alarm function, ensures convenience in use. The novel technique means that earth ground loop testing and continuity testing can be completed without breaking the circuit.
The Fluke 1630-2 uses the Stakeless testing method, which eliminates the need to disconnect parallel ground rods and find suitable locations for placing auxiliary ground stakes. This saves time and enables users such as industrial and utility electricians, and field service electricians and contractors, to perform earth ground loop tests in locations where it is not possible to use other techniques, such as inside buildings or on power pylons.
• Identify ac leakage currents without disconnecting the earth ground stake from the grounding system
• Ideal for system troubleshooting
• Heavy-duty clamp jaw stays in alignment and in calibration even in every day, on-the-job industrial environments
• The earth grounding clamp saves time by automatically recording data at pre-set intervals and saves up to 32760 measurements in memory at the set logging interval
• User-defined high/low alarm limits, for rapid measurement evaluation
• Selectable band-pass filter function removes unwanted noise from the ac leakage current measurement
|Absolute Maximum Resistance Measurement||1.5kΩ|
|Best Accuracy||±1.5 % of 0.02 Reading|
|Safety Category||CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V|
|Battery Life||15 h|
|Battery Type||1.5 V AA Alkaline IEC/EN LR6|
|Dimensions||105 x 48 x 283mm|
|Includes||Earth Ground Clamp, Hard Case, Loop Resistance Standard, Quick Reference Guide, Safety Information Guide, 4 AA Batteries|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||+50°C|
|Measurement Type||Earth Ground Loop Resistance|
|Model Number p||1630-2|
|Safety Category Voltage||600 V, 1000 V|
|Safety Category Level||CAT III, CAT IV|
|Minimum Operating Temperature||-10°C|